On March 26, 2018 Woodstock Police started an investigation where intimate images
of adult females were shared to websites without their consent.
If there are any victims of this type of crime in Woodstock you can report to the
Detective in charge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criminal Code of Canada Section 162.1
- (1) Everyone who knowingly publishes, distributes, transmits, sells, makes available
or advertises an intimate image of a person knowing that the person depicted in
the image did not give their consent to that conduct, or being reckless as to whether
or not that person gave their consent to that conduct, is guilty
- (a) of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than
five years; or
- (b) of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
- Definition of intimate image
- (2) In this section, intimate image means a visual recording of a person made by
any means including a photographic, film or video recording,
- (a) in which the person is nude, is exposing his or her genital organs or anal region
or her breasts or is engaged in explicit sexual activity;
- (b) in respect of which, at the time of the recording, there were circumstances
that gave rise to a reasonable expectation of privacy; and
- (c) in respect of which the person depicted retains a reasonable expectation of
privacy at the time the offence is committed
The WOODSTOCK POLICE SERVICE would like to encourage anyone having information about
this investigation to contact WOODSTOCK POLICE SERVICE at 519-537-2323 or Crime
Stoppers 421-TIPS (8477) or toll free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477