- 54 Years Residency
- Married to Sandy 43 Years
- Children Rob and Laurie (Derek Sadie)
- 6 Years Port Stanley Council (Councillor, Deputy Reeve)
- 15 Years Central Elgin Council (Councillor, Deputy Mayor, Mayor)
- Warden of Elgin County 2014, 2018
- Self Employed Tax Consultant 16 years
- Farm Business Consultant Quality Control Manager 20 Years
- C.I.B.C. Management Training Program 6 Years
- Port Stanley Lions Past President
- Congregational Chairman Port Stanley United Church
The key to our success will be our ability to meet the increasing demand for residential
development and growth. A larger population will help stabilize and populate our
schools, encourage employment and will provide the opportunity for our business
community to succeed. While I have worked on your behalf to encourage businesses
and investors to consider Central Elgin, I know we also have to invest in our community’s
infrastructure to encourage an enhanced quality of life.
With an increasingly active population and as more people walk, bike and use other
modes of transportation we must provide them with a way to safely share the road
with vehicles. I will encourage paved shoulders of roads and maintenance of roadside
ditches where possible to accommodate these activities and help our farming community
navigate the roads with ease.
The future will be the result of the choices we make together as a community. We
are exceptionally fortunate to live, work and play in this great community of ours.
The progress we have achieved, and the future prosperity of our community requires
ongoing strength in leadership, a visionary approach and experience.
I respectfully request your support as we plan for today and tomorrow.
346 High Street, Port Stanley, ON N5L 1J8