Back again with another exciting show is one of Port Stanley's favourite annual
rites of Spring, the 29th Port Stanley Artists' Guild Show and Sale, which opened at
the Legion on Friday night, June 7th, 2019. It runs Friday, June 7th, 6 – 9 pm,
Saturday June 8th, 11 am – 8 pm, and Sunday June 9th, 12 – 5 pm.
This year Mayor Sally Martyn opened the show and later took a tour of the new collection
of works on display. This new collection of works, shows how the artists have all taken
some new twists and turns in their growth as artists, and much of it is pretty impressive stuff.
What you like in art is an extremely personal matter of taste and there is a wide
range of styles, mediums, sizes and prices of original art by many talented artists that
should appeal to a wide range of tastes. Importantly, all of it is very well done.
This year's Judge was Carol Finkbeiner Thomas. Carol Finkbeiner Thomas is primarily an oil painter
whose subjects include landscape, floral and figurative work. Colour, texture and mood play important
roles in her works which have been described as evocative and deeply atmospheric. Carol was born in
London, Ontario and raised north of Toronto. She returned to London in the early 1990's after
receiving her Honours Bachelors Degree of Fine Arts at York University. She enjoys working in a wide
variety of media including drawing, printmaking and pottery.
- RED FOX by Dave Hills
- LAKELAND by Sylvie Cermak
- STAY by Sharon Veldstra
- OPEN THE ARCH by Annette Martin
- STORMY SKY by Sandra England
- HIGH SUMME by S'ine Maule
- A WALK IN THE PARK by Rowena Spersrud
- GIVE ME THE PEANUT by Candy McManiman
- CROFTS SKYE by Margeret Munn
- GLIDING SEAGULLS by Aganetha Sawatzky
- MOONLIGHT PADDLE by Marcia Pensa
- ANUSHKA by Pam Vesina
- THE SAILOR by Jane Atkinson White
- SECRET GARDEN by Cheryl Garrett Jenkins
- JUXTAPOSITION by Alice Price Vermeulen
- PRIMAL CALL by Sharon Veldstra
- VROOM WITH A VIEW by Jim Koudouis
- MARSH by Heather Keating
- CAT ON THE ROCKS by Sylvie GilGen
- PERE MARQUETTE TURNTABLE by Jan Row
This years winners of the People's Choice Award will be available at the end of the show.