The draft cycling routes being considered for the Elgin St Thomas Cycling Master
Plan are now available online. Residents are encouraged to visit the www.activeelgin.ca website to review the
routes and provide feedback.
This Cycling Master Plan is being led by the Healthy Communities Partnership which
includes representation from each of the area municipalities and staff from Elgin
St Thomas Public Health.
The proposed Elgin St Thomas Cycling Master Plan will:
- identify primarily on road cycling routes to connect each of the municipalities
- position our community to access additional provincial and federal dollars
- allow our community to tap into a huge cycle tourism market
- encourage residents to become more active and have improved health outcomes
- provide residents who do not have access to a vehicle (due to disability, income
or choice) improved safety and mobility
- connect Elgin St Thomas cycling routes with routes indentified in neighbouring Chatham-Kent
Public input on the proposed cycling routes is being accepted until May 1st, 2014.
To review the routes visit www.activeelgin.ca
and click on active transportation. Paper versions of the routes are also available
at Elgin St Thomas Public Health at 1230 Talbot Street, St. Thomas, Ontario.