Are you between the ages of 18 and 24 and thinking about a career in policing? Elgin
OPP has an excellent opportunity for you to gain insight into the world of policing
and we are looking for the right person to fill our summer experience program student
The successful candidate will primarily be assigned to the Elgin OPP Marine Unit
and will assist OPP Marine Operators patrolling the waters of Lake Erie, assist
with vessel maintenance, attend community events promoting water and boating safety.
The program also offers students the opportunity to “ride along” with front line
police officers allowing them to get a firsthand look into the world of policing.
Marine students will receive a wage of $10.25 per hour and will be allotted a maximum
of 246.5 hrs. The position is slated to start late June, 2014.
What we are looking for:
- 1. Flexibility - the position requires the student to very flexible with their schedule
working varied shift times and lengths, as well as working many weekends through-out
- 2. Must possess a G2 Drivers Licence.
- 3. Must possess a Pleasure Craft Operators Card (PCOC).
- 4. Must possess a current 1st Aid/CPR Certificate.
- 5. All summer jobs require "student" status. A student is defined as someone currently
enrolled in secondary, or post-secondary institutions or within six months of graduation,
e.g. if a student graduated in Dec. 2013, they could apply for an OPS summer student
position up until June 2014.
- 6. Changes to or additional criteria may posted on the actual job listing.
Online applications will only be accepted up until March 2nd, 2014 at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEP.asp
under West Region - Job ID 63613
Please note: Applications will only be accepted online. Only successful applicants
will be notified of an interview.