The recipient representatives
The Port Stanley & Community 55+ Club held their annual donation today, Monday
October 7, 2013, at the Port Stanley Arena, donating $6,650.00 to various charities.
This group plays cards at the arena every Monday afternoon. Today, cards were preceded
by a catered lunch at noon and the annual donation of funds to charities - and the
top floor of the arena was filled!
The charities donated to this year were:
- Port Stanley Arena (for tables), received by Renee Kendel
- Alzheimers Society (to be spent locally), received by Shelly McCorkell
- V.O.N. (for local use only), received by Amber Lord
- STEGH (pain relief funds), received by Joanne Beaton
- Fresh Start (formerly Rehoboth Home), received by Lori Wall
- Port Stanley Gardeners, received by Joe Longpre
- Easter Seals (for local projects only), to be presented next spring
- Serenity House, received by Cindy Webber
- Battered Women Abuse Centre, received by Liz Brown
- Extendicare Auxiliary, received by Marge Lanning
Congratulations to the Port Stanley & Community 55+ Club for their impressive
contributions to worthy local causes. Well done!