WINGATE LODGE YEAR-ROUND ON-SITE CARETAKER REQUIRED
Wingate Lodge is a community consisting of 25 seasonal cottages located in Port
- Monitoring and Security of grounds, properties and main entranceway.
- Daily Swimming Pool Water Testing, chemical application and cleaning as necessary
during summer months. Experience in this area would be an asset however the needs
can be learned. Training would be supplied.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the common grounds and buildings excluding lawn cutting
& snow removal.
- Cleaning of the common building two times/year in advance of annual membership meetings.
- Collection/transporting of garbage on Sunday evenings to front gates from Victoria
Day through to Thanksgiving Day weekends. Recycling bins located near entrance are
required to be taken outside gates to roadside as well.
- Secure storage of spare keys for all cottages.
- Being “on call”. Therefore being able to be contacted by phone or walkie talkies.
The requirement for this is more relaxed in the off-season.
- Vehicle or trailer suitable for garbage pickup.
- Frequent walking including inclines and driving.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 ft and depths of 2-½ -3 ft.
- Exposure to the elements (heat & cold.)
The position reports to the Wingate Caretaker Liaison/Board of Directors.
Annual end of year performance reviews are conducted.
A two-bedroom residence on-site is provided and must be occupied year round. Utilities
are paid for. A land-line phone OR mobile phone allowance is provided.
IDEAL FOR A HEALTHY RETIRED COUPLE
Please include three character references including at least one previous employer
Applications will be accepted up to April 30, 2018 - Only those being considered
will be contacted.
Submit by email to:
or mail to: 49075 Dexter Line, Malahide ON, N5H 2R2
Attn: Wingate Caretaker Position